Brussels Atomium Admission Ticket1773 Reviews
Visit this icon of Brussels and Belgium and a creation that’s unique in the history of architecture. The emblematic vestige of the World’s Fair in Brussels in 1958, the Atomium is the most popular attraction in Europe's capital city.
- Take in 360-degree panoramic views over Brussels
- See the permanent exhibition about the history of this unique monument
- Visit a temporary exhibition on Science, Progress, and the Future
DescriptionThe Atomium symbolizes an iron crystal, magnified 165 billion times, referring to the power of nuclear energy that in 1958 was intended for peaceful use. Today it carries on the debate of 1958: What kind of future do we want for tomorrow? It was not intended that the Atomium survive beyond the 1958 World Fair but its popularity soon made it a key landmark, first in Brussels, and then internationally. It has become one of the icons of Brussels, and since its inspired restoration in 2006, it is referred to as the most Belgian of monuments. The panorama alone is worth a trip to the Atomium. Thanks to its location on a naturally elevated plateau on the outskirts of town, the Atomium offers the only true 360-degree panoramic view of the 19 municipalities of Brussels. Themes such as Science, Progress, and the Future, still as relevant today as they were a half century ago, are covered by a number of temporary exhibitions throughout the year. The permanent exhibition, Atomium, tells the history of this pavilion. At 95 meters above ground in the top sphere of the monument, the Atomium Restaurant offers an extraordinary experience. Whether you choose Belgian specialties or seasonal dishes, Alexandre Masson revisits tradition, with the clouds at hand.
IncludesAdmission to the spheres (including the temporary exhibition and the permanent exhibition) Meals and drinks Guided tour Souvenirs, gifts, pictures
- The children's sphere is only accessible to schools and by reservation only
- Apart from the upper sphere, which is accessible by lift, the rest of the Atomium is not easy to access for people with restricted mobility, and unfortunately it is not suitable for wheelchairs
- There are 80 steps to walk up and 167 steps to walk down, and it is impossible to avoid this • From January 13-26, 2020, there is maintenance work at the Atomium • You are advised to visit when the attraction opens and to avoid peak time (between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM) when there is a large influx of visitors
- After 5:00 PM the flow of visitors tends to reduce
- During the holiday periods, the attraction can be very crowded which can cause longer waiting times • You are invited to check the local operator's Facebook and Google pages which shows the number of visitors in real time
- Due to the COVID pandemic, your admission time may be somewhat delayed due to slower lines for the elevator
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability