Brussels: The Great War in Flanders Fields Remembrance Tour7 Reviews
Embark on a tour for history fans and visit memorials and burial grounds related to the Great War in Belgium. In France, you'll visit the Vimy Memorial and the trench site. Learn about the sacrifices made by Commonwealth soldiers.
- Visit the Passchendaele battlefield
- See one of the largest Commonwealth cemetery
- Attend the moving Last Post ceremony in Ypres
- Take a moment for commeoration at the statue of the Brooding Soldier
DescriptionThis visit starts at a German cemetery, from where you will move onto the WW1 trenches and Essex Farm Cemetery, where John McCrae wrote the famous poem 'In Flanders Fields', after a friend’s burial on the site. At The Brooding Soldier, a statue towering over Langemark in permanent honor of the Canadian resistance during the German gas attack of 1915, you will take a moment for commemoration and photos. After lunch, you will continue to the Tyne Cot Cemetery, the largest Commonwealth cemetery in the world, and Hill 60 or Hill 62. In France, visit of Vimy Memorial and the trench site. As the highlight of the tour, you'll attend the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate, a daily tribute to all of Britain’s missing soldiers and officers. Choose between a private and a shared option.
IncludesProfessional and multilingual guide Roundtrip by coach Bread meal in Ypres Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Tour may be subject to cancelation if the minimum participant number is not met
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability