My Guide Website?
Explore Brussels with a Local at Christmas1 Reviews
Discover Brussels at its most magical time of year as the Christmas lights glitter and the whole city gets into the festive spirit. Your customized experience will be built around you, and your interests, and you’ll be in the Christmas spirit in no time.
- Be matched to a knowledgeable local guide based on your interests and personality
- Join a local to explore Brussels at this most magical time
- Browse traditional chalet-style markets and pick up artisan gifts
- Indulge in traditional festive foods and enjoy a warming drink
DescriptionDiscover the winter wonderland that is Brussels over the festive season, soaking up the magical atmosphere and getting into the festive spirit. Explore the city as it’s transformed into a Christmas fairytale, from the 20 meter-high Christmas tree to the Winter Wonderland Festival. You'll be paired with guides that are passionate about the place they call home and who choose to spend their free time sharing it with like-minded travelers matched to them. Join a like-minded local to discover the most festive parts of the city, strolling through the beautiful streets while they’re draped with magical Christmas lights and see UNESCO-listed monuments and buildings lit up by fabulous light displays. Your host will show you where the best Christmas lights in the city are, and share festive traditions with you so you can discover what Christmas is really like for the locals. Visit the impressive Winter Wonderland Festival and stroll between the chalet stalls, indulging in festive treats and warming up with a mulled wine or hot chocolate as you take in all the magic of this annual Christmas extravaganza. Visit a smaller, traditional Christmas market where you can sample artisan chocolate and buy unique, handmade gifts and decorations to take home for your own tree. Watch the locals gliding over an ice rink, or get involved in the local traditions and have a go yourself, getting into the festive spirit. Although you will see well-known sights, your local host will also help you to discover the places, things, and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
IncludesPrivate and personalized experience 3 hours with a local host A cup of hot chocolate, mulled wine to warm up or a soft drink per person Meet-up at your accommodation is possible (within a reasonable distance) Walking tour (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
- The local host is not a tour guide Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always make adjustments to your itinerary Additional food and drinks are not included Tickets to any attractions are not included Transportation costs and optional gratuities are not included