My Guide Website?
From Brussels: Day Trip to Bruges by Train113 Reviews
Explore the Venice of the North on a 9-hour guided day trip to Bruges, with round-trip train transportation from Brussels. Marvel at the sights of one of the most fascinating medieval cities in Europe with an English-speaking guide
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Brussels:If youʻre booking your trip to Brussels last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Tervuren: AfricaMuseum Entry Ticket
- Brussels: Highlights and Hidden Gems Bike Tour
- Brussels Atomium Entry Ticket with Free Design Museum Ticket
- Brussels: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- From Brussels: Flanders Fields Remembrance Full-Day Trip
- Discover one of Europe's most intact medieval cities on a day trip to Bruges
- Taste the famous chocolates of Bruges, or try some moules frites with a Belgian beer
- Marvel at the historic monuments of Market Square
- Enjoy a peaceful moment at the Benedictine convent of the Begijnhof
- Get some free time to shop for lace or find a nice spot for lunch
DescriptionTravel to the medieval city of Bruges by train and take a 2.5-hour walking tour with an English-speaking guide on arrival. Marvel at the Minnewater that provides water to the canals and see the historical women-only convent of the Beguinage. Visit the city's only working brewery at De Halve Maan and get the chance to look inside the Hans Memling museum at the 12th-century Hospital of St. John. See one of the tallest brickwork towers in the world at the Church of Our Lady, where Michelangelo’s statue of the Madonna with Child can be found in the transept. Get a feel for everyday life at the historic Vis Markt (Fish Market) and look at the beautiful guildhalls on Tanners’ Square. Visit the Groeningemuseum and find one of Belgium's most famous Gothic buildings on the Markt (Market Square). Get 3 hours of free time to explore on your own. Take an optional canal cruise to appreciate the city from a different perspective before the train journey back to Brussels.
IncludesRound-trip transportation by train (Brussels-Bruges-Brussels) Local guides
- Wear good walking shoes and warm clothe in winter
- Departure is from Brussels at 9:30 AM on every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday