My Guide Website?
Tervuren: AfricaMuseum Entry Ticket125 Reviews
Explore the culture of past and present Africa as represented by the collection of the AfricaMuseum. See the historically listed buildings that house the museum and the French gardens on the grounds with this entry ticket.
- Explore the natural diversity of Africa and marvel at its rich culture and the creativity
- Learn about life in Africa by hearing its many languages and listening to traditional and contemporary music
- Reflect on the shared colonial history of Belgium and Africa
- See contemporary artwork by African artists
DescriptionEasily accessible by public transportation from Brussels, AfricaMuseum tells the story of human and natural history with a collection of artifacts from the colonial era in central Africa. Aiming to objectively frame the art and cultural objects acquired during Belgium's rule in Rwanda and Congo, the museum has undergone extensive renovations and is now open to the public. Topics of colonial history, sustainable development and biodiversity are now addressed head-on following the museum's redesign. A curated collection of contemporary art has also been added to paint a fuller picture of Central Africa, past and present. Your entry ticket will give you access to walk the French gardens, browse collections of artifacts that bring the past to life in the remodeled, and see the contemporary African art.
IncludesEntry to the museum and permanent exhibition Entry to the temporary exhibition (if option selected) Wi-Fi Parking
- There is a free parking lot at the museum • The museum can easily be reached by public transport from Brussels