My Guide Website?
From Brussels: Bruges and Ghent in a Day Guided Tour2518 Reviews
Take a day trip from Brussels to Bruges and Ghent. Accompanied by a guide, explore St. Bavo's Cathedral, medieval monuments, the Lake of Love, and more on a walking tour of both cities.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Brussels:If youʻre booking your trip to Brussels last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Tervuren: AfricaMuseum Entry Ticket
- Brussels: Highlights and Hidden Gems Bike Tour
- Brussels Atomium Entry Ticket with Free Design Museum Ticket
- Brussels: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- From Brussels: Flanders Fields Remembrance Full-Day Trip
- Explore 2 beautiful cities in a day with this guided trip
- Explore the majestic beauty of Saint Bavo Cathedral in Ghent
- Visit the Belfry of Bruges and the Church of Saint Nicholas in Ghent
- Discover the Lake of Love and the Begijnhof founded in 1245
DescriptionMeet your guide in the center of Brussels and relax on the 100-kilometer journey to Bruges by bus. Upon arrival, discover the charms of “the Venice of the North” and see why the entire historic center was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Marvel at highlights such as the Lake of Love (Minnewater Lake) and the 13th-century Begijnhof complex, founded in 1245 to house lay religious women. Go to Walplein Square, where the shady trees and cafes provide a perfect place to relax. Visit Stoofstraat on the site of the city's former Red Light District, and see medieval monuments such as the 11th-century Old St. John’s Hospital. Look at the world's second tallest brickwork tower at the Church of Our Lady, and see other historic monuments such as Gruuthuse Palace or the Dijver Canal. Go to one of the city's most photographed spots at Rozenhoedkaai, and admire the Belfry on Castle Square. Visit Market Square (Grote Markt) to see the Bell Tower (Belfort). Then enjoy 1-hour's free time for lunch (at your own expense) and the chance to sample some of the city's delicious chocolates. Next, drive to Ghent, where the inhabitants have been popularly known as 'noose-bearers“ since the days of Charles V. Take a guided tour of the city's historic buildings, such as the Castle of Gerald the Devil and Saint Bavo Cathedral, where you can learn about the painting of “The Adoration of the Mystic Lamb” by the Van Eyck brothers. Admire the Belfort (Bell Tower) and peculiar Gothic and Renaissance-style Town Hall. See one of the city's oldest monuments at St. Nicholas’ Church opposite the unusual facade of the Masons’ Guild House. Journey along the embankments of the medieval port of Graslei, and discover other highlights such as the majestic Castle of the Counts of Flanders, the Great Butchers’ Hall, the Old Fish Market, and Friday Market Square. Enjoy some free time in this magical city before returning back to Brussels. Our adventure is over! Don't wait and enjoy this day with us!
IncludesTransportation to all destinations Guide Walking tour in Ghent Walking tour in Bruges Fleet of eco-friendly and comfortable buses Radio system
- Due to the pollution caused by disposable headphones, visitors to Bruges are asked to use their own as per local regulations. For customers who do not have their own headphones, you may purchase them from the activity provider for just 1 EUR.