My Guide Website?
From Brussels: Flanders Fields Remembrance Full-Day Trip30 Reviews
Join a tour for history buffs from Brussels to Flanders Fields. Visit the battlefield at Passchendaele and Tyne Cot Cemetery while learning about the atrocities of the First World War.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Brussels:If youʻre booking your trip to Brussels last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Tervuren: AfricaMuseum Entry Ticket
- Brussels: Highlights and Hidden Gems Bike Tour
- Brussels Atomium Entry Ticket with Free Design Museum Ticket
- Brussels: Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- From Brussels: Flanders Fields Remembrance Full-Day Trip
- Visit the Passchendaele battlefield
- See one of the largest Commonwealth cemetery
- Entrance to In Flanders Fields Museum
- Take a moment for commeoration at the statue of the Brooding Soldier
- Attend the moving Last Post ceremony in Ypres
DescriptionOn the way to the Flanders Fields area our guide will tell you which events led to the First World War and how the disaster developed. We stop at a very moving German Cemetery, from where we drive to a section of the WW1 trenches. We will visit the Monument of the Brooding Soldier, which commemorates the sacrifice of 2,000 Canadian soldiers during the first German gas attack. Close by is Hill 60 which had fallen into German hands but was mined by tunnelling companies of the Royal Engineers. After a short lunch in Ypres (included in the price) our guide will take us to the outstanding Flanders Fields museum. We will hear the stories behind four years of trench war. You will then be taken to the battlefield at Passchendaele and visit Tyne Cot Cemetery, the largest Commonwealth cemetery in the world where British, Irish, Australian and Canadian soldiers rest. Then our coach will take us to Essex Farm. This was the field hospital where Canadian field surgeon Dr. John McCrae wrote the famous poem 'In Flanders Fields' We will then arrive again in beautiful Ypres and eat a quick snack. At 8pm we will attend the Last Post Ceremony at Menin Gate (under restoration works until mid-2025), a daily tribute to all Commonwealth soldiers and officers that were missing after battle.
IncludesProfessional and multilingual guide Roundtrip by coach Bread meal in Ypres Entrance to In Flanders Fields Museum
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Tour may be subject to cancelation if the minimum participant number is not met