Brussels: Kanal and Molenbeek Runnning Tour
Discover the Kanal & Molenbeek zone with a local running guide. An area lesser known than the historical center, but vibrant and evolving every day, its a perfect mix between art, street art & historical heritage that gets converted into new initiatives.
- Discover the legal and illegal street art scattered around this neightborhood
- Stroll through the new Tour & Taxis Park, with its interesting mixture of old railway buildings and bottom-up grassroots initiatives
- Find out what a 'Vaartkapoen' is
- Try to find the hidden monument on Molenbeek's town square
- Run through the garage-turned-modern-art museum Kanal
DescriptionYour running tour will take you through the canal and Molenbeek area, which in the 19th century used to be an industrial zone but is now turning into an exciting area full of original initiatives. Old industrial heritage is being converted into big-city development initiatives, bottom-up artists' projects, organic markets, and much more. You will begin at the new garage-turned-modern-art museum Kanal. From there you will visit Tour & Taxis Park before running through a 19th-century warehouse, discovering all of the different buildings from the former railway station. You will also discover here the brand-new park that goes all along the former railroad tracks. Following this you will visit the center of Molenbeek, with its lovely communal place (and its hidden piece of art), cosmopolitan population, former factories turned social workplaces, or musea, to name a few examples. The tour then takes you closer to the Kanal. After having looked at the former Bellevue site, you will cross to the other side which is in Brussels again. It is here that you will get to see the last 'lead tower' that still exists today in Belgium. Finally, you will come back via the St. Catherine Square, which is home to both some legal and illegal street art.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop off (if near the route) Water Sports clothes and shoes
- • If not at your hotel, the meeting point is at the Kanal Museum
- You must be able to run 5 kilometers without stopping to be fit enough for this tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY